STEFER ROME, n° 312

Building year: 1935
Restored: 2010
Owned by: Stefer Rome

BRIEF HISTORY

Built by Carminati and Toselli for the urban sections of the Roman Stefer network (Termini-Cinecittà and Termini-Capannelle), the 312 is part of the 301-321 series; for the time it was the most modern evolution of a Roman project called MRS (Moto-Rimorchiata Saglio, named after the designer Ing. Saglio). The basic intuition is simple: a two-bogie tractor that replaces the old tractor-trailer convoys. The 312, unlike the first MRS in service on the ATAG urban network, has an entirely metal case, in addition to the blue-cream livery and the pantograph. The engine provided intense service until 1980, when the last Stefer line was closed. Set aside for a long time in the Roman deposit of Alberone, it was chosen to be part of a historical collection which, however, was never created. After years of neglect to the elements, in 2008 Atts recovered it and in 2011 completed its restoration in its original conditions.

312s

TECHNICAL DATA

- length: 13.300 mm
- width: 2.340 mm
- height: 3,200 mm
- gross weight: 13,800 Kg
- maximum speed: 40 km/h
- minimum radius: 13,000 mm
- power supply: 550 Vdc
- bogies: Carminati
- controller: rheostatic with PN15 inserter
- bodywork: Carminati and Toselli
- color: blue-white
- number of doors: 2

PASSENGER CAPABILITY

- seats: 20
- standing: 58
- operators seats: 2
- total capacity: 80