ATM TURIN, n° 2595

Building year: 1933
Restored: 2000
Owned by: Atm Turin

BRIEF HISTORY

The tramway n° 2595 belongs to a series of 100 cars designed by the ATM, which builds the two prototypes, and built in the 1930s by Fiat Materfer: inspired by the model patented in the USA by Peter Witt, it is the first series of large-capacity Turin trams, intended to replace the obsolete convoys made out of tractor and trailer. It soon became an excellent example, on a European level, of large capacity tram vehicles. In 1954-55, the 98 units that survived the Second World War were transformed with the widening of the rear door. Withdrawn for the first time from service in the 1960s, it returned to circulation in 1973, at the time of "austerity", and it remained there until 1983, mainly in service on routes 2, 3 and 15 and later on rout 13. In year 2000, it was the first "2500" to be restored, returning to the end-of-career conditions and thus maintaining all the changes made over time.

2595s

TECHNICAL DATA

- length: 13,200 mm
- width: 2,250 mm
- height: 3.150 mm
- gross weight: 24.450 Kg
- maximum speed: 45 km/h
- minimum radius of curvature: 13,759 mm
- power supply: 550 Vdc
- bogie type: Moncenisio
- engine type: TIBB GDTM 1252
- starting: rheostatic with PN15 inserter
- bodywork: Fiat
- color: two shades of green
- number of doors: 3

CAPACITA' POSTI PER PASSEGGERI

- seats: 17
- standings: 64
- operator seats: 2
- total capability: 81