ATM BOLOGNA, n° 201

Originally built: 1934
Restored: 2011
Owned by: Atm Bologna (1934-1963) - Stefer Roma (dal 1965)

HISTORY

Car n. 201 is the first in a series of 29 streetcars built to renew the public transport vehicle fleet of Bologna. Those vehicles, all double-ended, operated the busiest lines, with general satisfaction: passengers appreciated the comfort and the visibility, the public transport company achieved the goal of offering high capacity transport service and the drivers were satisfied for the comfortable automatic start system, the first of its kind in Italy. Car n. 201 ended its career in Bologna in 1963, when the network was permanently shut down; while all others cars were dismantled, it was sold to STEFER of Rome together with three others (nn. 210, 218 and 228). Stefer painted it blue-white and made it one-ended to operate Cinecittà and Capannelle lines. By 1980 the two lines closed and car n. 201 was set aside in two company’s premises (first “Alberone”, then “Grottarossa”). Despite the deterioration caused by the weather, car n. 201 was purchased and restored by Atts. In 2011 it was again operative in Turin: the livery is the traditional two shades of green colour of the Thirties, while the "Roman" refurbishment han been maintained in the interior.

201s

TECHNICAL DATA

- lenght: 13.462 mm
- width: 2.150 mm
- height: 3.301 mm
- gross weight: 15.200 Kg
- maximum speed: 40 km/h
- minimum radius of curvature: 13.000 mm
- power source: 550 V c.c.
- bogies: Brill
- starter: automatic with PCM
- chassis: Officine Stanga
- color: two shades of green
- number of doors: 2 plus 2 locked

PASSENGER CAPACITY

- seats: 22
- standing: 72
- operators seats: 2
- total capacity: 96